Additional league rules for the 2014 season
Martin Williams went to our league AGM last night and noted down the following points which will affect our season
- Only 5 sides entered the 9-a-side competition so the tournament is cancelled
- As requested start times have been adjusted to 13:00 during the summer and 12:30 when it starts to get darker. Games can be played as early as 10am if both teams are in agreement
- In line with Premier and Division 1 sides, to speed up the game and ensure an early finish all 45 overs must be completed within 3 hours. Captains discretion will be needed for lost balls and injuries etc but in general it is felt that most should be able to complete 45 overs in 2 hours 45.
- For a seasons experiment any leg side delivery that passes the batsman’s leg and stump will be deemed a wide. If a batsman moves to deliberately force a wide it will be judged a wide if the ball passes the leg stump not where the batsman is standing.
- Tea will remain 30 minutes long